How many file cabinets worth of documents does your office have? And how many more pieces of paper do you have lying around, unorganized and waiting to be lost? If you’re like most companies, you probably have many documents taking up space in your office. Wouldn’t it be nice to de-clutter a little, and have your documents be more organized?
One of the best ways to do this is to convert your paper documents into digital files—specifically PDF format. But what are the benefits of scanning your office’s documents into PDF files? Keep reading to find out!
Benefits of PDF File Conversion
- Increase efficiency: When employees have to search through a filing cabinet and photocopy a document every time they need to reference it, they’re wasting time. If these documents were converted into PDF files, all employees have to do is open the file on their computers to view it anytime. Additionally, PDF files are searchable—so if you’re looking for a specific subject or phrase, you can find exactly what you’re looking for!
- Save money: Paper, ink, and file folders cost money. Why keep spending money on these things when you could access your files digitally for free?
- Be organized: With a filing cabinet, you can only organize your files by folder and drawer. And if you change your mind about how you want your documents arranged or grouped, there’s an awful lot of labor involved. And what if you want to add more documents to a drawer that’s already full? With PDF files, you can group documents by topic, date, or practically anything you want—all with the click of a button.
- Collaborate easier: PDF files are easily shared and accessed by multiple people at once—even if you’re not located in the same place. Need to send a draft of a long proposal to a client across the country? Don’t spend money printing and mailing it—convert it to a PDF and email it! You can also highlight text and add comments or signatures in PDF files, which is helpful if you need to annotate a document.
- Save space: This is the most obvious reason. Get rid of those ugly, heavy filing cabinets and make room for desks, lounge areas, or just extra space in your office!
Convert Documents to PDF Files with QFI
These are just some of the benefits of scanning your paper documents into digital PDF files. Especially if you have a large number of documents that need to be scanned, let the document scanning experts at QFI handle the job! We work with companies in Washington, DC, Maryland, Virginia, Pennsylvania, and New Jersey to streamline their operations and keep up with digital technology. Contact us today to talk with one of our experts about how document scanning and conversion can help your business!