Since business practices began, records keeping has played an integral part in the success of each and every organization—but as vital as these documents are towards your success, in the wrong hands they can lead to great financial loss or failure.
While every measure must be made to avoid the theft or damage of printed materials while in use, it’s equally as imperative that the same level of care is put towards the safeguarding and destruction of materials once they are no longer needed.
The Benefits of Professional Shredding Services
There’s no question that when performed correctly, professional document shredding is the most eco-friendly, secure, permanent method of document destruction but there are a number of additional reasons why professional shredding services are the best way to prevent sensitive information from falling in to the wrong hands.
- Cost savings. Office shredders consume valuable resources, and depending on how much paper you need to dispose of the cost of purchasing, servicing, and repairing in-house equipment can quickly add up.
- Standing. A business relies on its reputation, which can be easily destroyed in the event of a security breach. Once the chain of custody is broken through improper shredding practices, a loss of data can be detrimental to your company’s future.
- Regulatory compliance. Professional shredding services satisfy the requirements for document destruction set forth by regulatory bodies such as HIPAA, FACTA, and GLB.
- Productivity. Employee hours are wasted during in house shredding, with time spent removing staples, straightening papers, disposing of shredded material, and waiting for equipment to cool down before proceeding.
The Key to Safe Shredding Services: Document Security
Regardless of the industry, the integrity and success of your business is reliant on secure operations and records management. As the business world progresses towards a more paperless office environment document conversion is gaining in popularity—the process of scanning and converting paper documents to digital files. Once digital files are verified they are stored and backed up securely in the cloud, and physical copies can often be destroyed reducing the need for costly storage while eliminating the risk of physical theft or damage: but just how secure are document shredding services?
If your document shredding company truly operates securely, the following should be true:
- Access to our secure facilities are limited to company personnel and escorted guests only.
- Facilities are locked at all times, monitored by state of the art electronics, and patrolled by police.
- Personnel are legally bound by a confidentiality agreement.
- All employees must pass a stringent background check and have a working knowledge of federal laws and regulations.
Need Help with Document Shredding Services?
Safeguard your business and client information with professional document shredding services from QFI, Inc. Our skilled technicians follow a strict chain of command to ensure your documents are protected during each step of the destruction process and legal obligations are adhered to. Call QFI, Inc. today at (301) 284-8789 to learn more about our document shredding and conversion services, or contact us online and let us know how we can help.