Records Information Management (or RIM) can greatly impact your business. Not only is going paperless the “greener” option, document digitization and management can help your business:
- Become more efficient by streamlining workflow and paperwork
- Save space by removing excess storage and filing cabinets
- Remain compliant with medical and legal regulations
What do all of these (and more benefits) have in common? They all help grow your bottom line. But before we learn more about how RIM impacts your business, let’s review what RIM encompasses in the workplace.
What Is Records Information Management?
RIM is defined as the professional practice of controlling and governing the most important records of your organization or business throughout the course of the records’ life cycles. A document’s or record’s life cycle spans the time it is created through its eventual destruction.
RIM covers a variety of processes related to your documents, including:
Now, let’s learn about the benefits of introducing RIM into your office or organization.
Benefits of RIM
RIM is a great way to reduce overhead costs and make your business more efficient and profitable. A strategic and thorough RIM system can help your business:
- Reduce legacy records – storing paper records costs a good deal of time, space, and money. RIM services can help you identify which physical documents you no longer need so these documents can be disposed of in a compliant and legally defensible manner.
- Save valuable real estate – space used to store old files and documents is space not used for the purpose of growing your business. RIM can reduce or eliminate storage requirements and free up valuable office real estate for more value-added purposes.
- Manage fewer vendors – using multiple vendors for RIM tasks creates opportunities for confusion and opens up opportunities for compliance failures.
- Link your physical and electronic records – a big part of effective RIM is properly indexing information and meta data to all document conversions so they are easy to find at any time. This can help you administer common policies across all of your information regardless of format or location, making information more readily available to your teams.
- Streamline workflow to improve productivity – by removing paper from key processes, you replace the need to dig up and retrieve files from storage with the ability to pull anything up in seconds, which can significantly improve business processes.
- Improve companywide consistency – effective RIM can strengthen the foundation of your organization and increase the transparency of your records information.
Getting Your Office to Go Paperless with RIM
Is your office ready to go paperless? Do you understand how RIM could transform your company and day-to-day operations? QFI, Inc. is here to help you answer those questions even further. Our process is built around maximizing your efficiency and return. Our approach starts with a consultation with you where we determine exactly what you need and how you need it done. This approach of ours has helped countless businesses throughout the Washington, DC, Maryland, and Virginia area since 1985.
Call us today to see the impact that RIM can have on your business!