Do you have piles of books lying around your home or business? You’re not alone. Many of us collect books because we want to save them for reference or re-reading, but it’s easy to run out of room! Between schoolbooks, pleasure reading, and reference books for work, they can pile up quickly—especially if you keep them in a small office space without much storage. Clean up the clutter and turn those old books into digital files!
So what’s the easiest way to turn an old book into a digital copy? The easiest and most timely option is to contact a document conversion expert who can walk you through the process of converting a book into PDF format. An expert can easily take books or documents you have up to 17” by 22” and turn them into digital files that you can carry with you anywhere and read anytime.
Keep reading to learn about the benefits of converting a book into a PDF and how it works!
The Benefits of Scanning Books
Some people are very sentimental about having hard copies of treasured books, and we completely understand. It makes sense that you might hold onto original versions of books that have been in your family for years or other items of value. But for professional reference books and others that you simply want around to read later, why have them take up valuable space in your home or office when you could read and store them digitally? Some of the benefits to converting your books into PDF form include:
- Less clutter: Storing tens or even hundreds of books in your home or office—especially textbooks or reference books—takes up a significant amount of space. Converting some or all of your books to digital files can help declutter your space!
- Portability: E-books can be carried with you just about anywhere on a tablet, computer, or smart phone. Any time you want to read one, you can just pull it up on your digital device. Even better, all your e-books can be in one place wherever you go. Instead of lugging around heavy books when you want to travel with them, you just download the PDF file.
- Organization: When you convert books into digital files, you can organize them alphabetically, by genre, or really any way you like by creating different files on your digital devices. PDF files are also searchable, so if you’re looking for a particular term or subject in a book, you can easily search for and locate that term.
If you want to learn more about our process or get started, contact QFI today!
How to Digitize a Book
Your best bet when you want to make a digital scan of a book is to contact a professional book scanning company like QFI. To turn your books into digital copies, we’ll take the following steps:
- Collect your books.
- Contact you to create an agreed-upon plan.
- Scan your books using high-tech scanners.
- Save your books as digital copies.
- Send your e-books to you for your enjoyment!
It’s that easy! Contacting a scanning conversion company to scan your old books is easy, affordable, and requires little work from you. If you want to try and scan your books on your own, you may need to invest in a high quality scanner to create high quality images and to keep all your pages neat and tidy.
Digitize Your Books with QFI in Maryland
Ready to clean up unwanted clutter in your office? Digitize your old books with QFI! We are a Maryland-based scanning company that specializes in helping families convert family books and documents and businesses go digital. For more than 25 years, we have been completing a variety of scanning projects.
If you’re ready to scan your books into digital files, give us a call or contact us online for a consultation!