If your company has been in business for years, your important documents probably aren’t as organized as you wish they were. If you’ve ever wasted an afternoon looking for a particular file with no success, you recognize how important it is to get a handle on your organization system. Even if most of your documents are already digitized, conflicting file formats are likely to slow you down throughout the day.
To solve your information storage woes, which type of document handling services should you seek: document conversion or document scanning? Learn the difference between the two to help you make the right decision.
What Is Document Conversion?
Document conversion is the process of converting a document from one format to another. Often this includes digitizing physical documents, but it can also include converting a digital file to another format so a different program can open it. Document conversion includes:
- Scanning a pile of paper documents into the computer, converting them from hard copies to the digital format of your choice (such as Word documents or PDFs).
- Converting 16mm or 35mm microfilm rolls or cartridges into whatever digital format you choose, making them readily accessible from a hard drive or DVD.
- Converting large-scale drawings and maps into high-quality digital images (including JPEG, TIFF, or PDF formats).
- Converting digital files from one format to another, such as changing a Microsoft Word (.doc) file into a PDF (.pdf) file.
What Is Document Scanning?
Document scanning, also known as document imaging, is a form of document conversion. This is a useful service if you want to reduce the amount of physical documents you store at your office. Document scanning offers these benefits:
- Save money on document storage costs
- Restore space in your office currently taken up by filing cabinets and boxes
- Find the files you’re looking for quickly and efficiently
- Manage and edit documents cleanly
- Share documents with coworkers, employees or other branch offices via email, not an archaic fax machine
- Prevent damage to your documents from fire or flood
- Create backups of all business-critical files as an added precaution without taking up additional space in your office
- Protect sensitive documents from hackers with data encryption
Document Scanning and Document Conversion in Maryland, Virginia, Washington, DC, and Nationwide
At QFI, Inc., our experience providing document scanning and conversion services dates back to 1985. We can recommend the right document handling services to meet your needs and fit your budget. We understand that the process of converting many years’ worth of physical documents into digital formats can be overwhelming. Let us take care of the process for you!
We offer many great services to improve your document imaging results, including:
- Rapid implementation of document conversion services
- Onsite and offsite availability of all of your documents
- File backups
- Image quality optimization
- Image enhancement
- De-speckle and de-shade
- Black border removal
- Background noise reduction
- Hole filling
With our office located in Maryland, many of our customers are based in Maryland, Virginia, and Washington, DC – but we can also provide services to customers around the country.
Regardless of company size, or whether your project will take a few hours or several months to complete, you can turn to QFI, Inc. for all your document handling needs. With a process based on maximizing efficiency and providing the best return on your investment, you won’t regret your decision to work with us.
For more information about our document handling services, or to get your project started today, please call QFI, Inc. at (301) 284-8789 or contact us online!