Increasing productivity, efficiency, and storage space for law firms in Maryland, Virginia, Washington, DC, Pennsylvania & New Jersey since 1985.
Is your law firm or legal department looking for a document scanning and management solution? At QFI, Inc., we can tailor our document scanning, management, and conversion services to provide the most cost-effective solution for your company.
Since 1985, QFI, Inc. has been helping law firms minimize costs, streamline processes, follow all compliance regulations, and stay current with digital technologies to become more efficient and productive. Whether your organization must downsize, move, reduce in-office storage, or have a more secure format for storing data, documents, and forms, you can trust QFI, Inc.
We provide document scanning and management solutions for organizations like yours throughout the Maryland, Virginia, Washington, DC, Pennsylvania & New Jersey area. Call us today or contact us online!
Our Services for Law Firms
Our high-volume scanning technology can scan millions of pages per week. Let us provide the best solution for your law firm. We provide:
Scanning & Digitizing Services
From case summaries and agreements to client notes, images, and other large-form documents, QFI, Inc. has your document scanning needs covered. We scan all types of documents, including paper records, files, books, microfilm, and more.
If you have an image file type that suits your needs best, we can output in that format to make it as easy as possible for your firm. We also can convert your documents in bi-tonal, gray scale, and color images.
Conversion Formats We Offer »
Image File Formats; Bi-tonal, Grayscale and Color
- JPEG, JBIG, JPEG2000
- Global Bookmarking
- Cataloging (enhance searching across many PDF files)
- 508 Compliancy
Output Data File Formats
- All major and most minor database tables, CSV, ASCII, Unicode, Spreadsheet
- ECM/EMR and most Records Management System formats
Other Processing Services
- OCR / ICR / OMR
- Form and Survey Design for Electronic Data Extraction
- Form and Survey Data Extraction
- CD/DVD Design, Pre-mastering, Duplication and Packaging
- Data Entry
- Paperless Office Feasibility
- Requirements Analysis
- Requirements Development
- Solution Design
- Document Collection Surveys
- Return on Investment
Document & Data Management Services
A big part of our role when providing a solution for your organization is adding indexing information and meta data to all document conversions so that they are easily found at any time. This can help you administer common policies and procedures across all your information, regardless of format or location—making everything readily available to your teams. By removing paper from that process, you can retrieve files in seconds.
Document management from QFI, Inc. allows for:
- Decreased time spent filing and finding hard copy or paper records
- Increased storage by removing the need for filing rooms or case storage
- Speedy document retrieval with instant access
- Increased security with possible authorization or access levels
- Environmentally friendly office practices by cutting down on paper usage
- Increased protection of your documents and minimized risk of document theft or destruction from a fire or flood
Secure Document Conversion for Law Firms
Privacy may be a big concern for your document scanning project. At QFI, Inc., the security of our production facility and employees are guaranteed.
Facility – Access to the facility is limited to QFI, Inc. personnel and escorted guests only. The facility is locked at all times, monitored by electronic devices, and patrolled by police.
Personnel – Every employee is bound by a blanket confidentiality agreement and has passed background checks as a requirement of the employment process. Additional personnel security levels are available, including federal security clearances.
These security measures will not just protect your files, but also your firm and individual clients as well.
Record Retention Compliance
While it varies by state, law firms must comply with client document retention, meaning they must hold a client’s files for a certain set time period after representation is terminated or the case is closed. We can provide document scanning services in the DC, MD, and VA area that comply with legal and ethical document retention standards.
- File Retention for DC Firms – According to the DC Bar, all clients’ records may be destroyed five years after the termination of representation.
- File Retention for Maryland Firms – According to the Maryland Bar Association, all records must be retained for five years after the termination of representation.
- File Retention for Virginia Firms – According to the VSB Rule 1.15 (e), all records are required to be retained for five years after the end of the fiduciary relationship with a client.
In fact, document scanning with QFI, Inc. can uphold compliance and ensure that client documents are not destroyed, ruined, or lost for that set five year period.
Document Scanning for Law Firms in MD, VA, DC, NJ & PA
Have your law firm or legal department’s document scanning project done right the first time. Experience the professional workmanship and project management that QFI, Inc. provides—whether your project is large or small.
For more information about how our document scanning, conversion, and management services can help your MD, VA, DC, NJ & PA area law firm, call QFI, Inc. at 301-284-8789 or contact us online!